Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rod 3 of 3 going out this month

This is a 8'3 weight hollow built rod that is going to a customer in Maryland. It has a nice medium fast action and weighs 3.24 oz. Its a flamed rod with bright silver hardware. I am still getting more orders for 3 weights than any other type.

I am getting ready to head out to Last Chance, ID here in a couple of weeks. Then I am taking the family to Colorado for a couple of weeks. So during the next couple of months I will be cleaning up the shop and trying to get ready for a big building spree starting this August. I am still waiting for Andy Royer to get his shipment of new bamboo in so I can order for the next couple of years. I only have enough right now for my next 4 orders.

I am planing on making some rods in the 8'5" 5 weight range this winter based on EC Powell tapers. If I use my carbon fiber ferrule system I should be able to keep them under 3 oz.

Please feel free to give me a call sometime to discuss bamboo rods!






No comments:

Post a Comment