Friday, October 12, 2012

Rod of the Week

I am slowing starting to catch up on my orders. I started four new rods last week as I try to finish up several orders. With the new rods I have started there are going to be some changes with how I do those. I am very excited about these changes and I think that they will be a big improvement for the rods. I have stated before that I am trying to stay around the 3 oz. mark with my longer rods. The changes I have made will allow me to do this without using fiberglass or carbon fiber ferrules.

This rod will be going to Singapore shortly. Its a 8'2" 4 weight hollow built rod that is based somewhat off of a leonard taper. The reel seat insert is the last piece of a small collection of a Maple burl that I received about 2 years ago. It didn't have a single black line in it anywhere and was just totally different than any thing I had ever seen.






No comments:

Post a Comment