Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Two New Rods (Update)

I have been working hard in the shop lately. I have had a good month with orders and can safely say I now have at least an 8 month wait. Remember if you have ever thought about ordering a rod the time is now. I will be raising my prices come Jan. 1.

In the pics you will see the two rods I first spoke about on Thanksgiving. One is a 8' 2 weight and the other is a hollow built spey rod. The 2 weight is turning out to be a great little rod. The weight is going to be right around 2.8 oz. The new grip shape is very comfortable. Its funny because I had never done that shape before, but it just took that shape from glueing the rings on. I like it so much that I am sure that I will do more like that.

The spey rod is coming along nicely. You can see that I have a great looking reel seat in mind for this rod. Also, the black rings that I will use as end caps on the grip. In the pic as well you can see one of the Carbon Fiber ferrules that I am going to use. This rod will be somewhat of a prototype, since I have never built one before. I hope to make a couple more this spring when I get my winter orders completed. I would like to get them out in the hands of spey fisherman so they can give them a going through and see what needs to be changed. If your interested give me a shout!




No comments:

Post a Comment