Saturday, September 14, 2013

Flaming and Sanding

The temperature's finally come down below 100 degrees so I have been out flaming and sanding. I am getting it all ready for my new strip sander that is coming. I currently use the Bellinger Gang Saw. This is a new tool that is replacing their Gang Saw and is called their "Strip Saw". This will cut the bamboo into perfectly straight strips and then can be milled down to the 60 degree angle pieces needed to fit the plane.

This fall and winter I will be making rods that are lightly flamed and blond.

On a different note I have some new reel seats that are available for my rods. I will take some pics in the next few days and post them.

My current wait time for a rod is 1 year. Thanks to all of those who have put orders in lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment