Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dreaming of warmer days and fishing trips to come!

I have been thinking a lot this week about trips I am going to take this summer. I think as a fisherman I always dream big of taking lots of trips, long and small. However, with a job and kids I take the ones I can and enjoy them. A trip I hope to make again this year is back to Yellowstone. There is no place in the world like it. I know there are some top notch places out there that are considered mecca's for a flyfisherman, but mine is Yellowstone, minus the traffic. Here are a few pictures of my trip to the builders get together last year. The first set of pictures is Leon Hansen and myself discussing casting. The first picture shows me explaining casting to Leon and the next picture is him telling me what I was doing wrong. :-) Leon is an extremely nice guy that makes an out of this world rod. His cosmetics where an 11 out of 10!


This is me with Per Brandin. Listening to him, Glenn Brackett, Curt Elder, Dana Gray and Marty Kartstetter discuss tapers and rods was priceless.

Here I am with my mentor Curt Elder. If you ever decide to get into building find an established builder to learn from. It takes years off of the process. Curt was an excellent teacher and still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment