Friday, February 10, 2012

Guides

I have attached a picture of the two rods I am finishing up for myself. One has an agate guide the other a Mildrum guide. The Mildrum guide doesn't get the fame its fancier cousin the agate gets. However, I think its just as cool. It has a traditional look that is simple and elegant. Its not to flashy and gives the rod a more clean look. Plus, it comes in at 1/3 the price of the agate. There are a lot of choices when it comes to stripping guides, but I have always been a fan of the lower profile stripping guides. This one sits lower to the rod and doesn't take the eye away from the bamboo when looking at it.
I would have used to Mildrum guides on the rods for me, but I cut the agate off of my broken rod from Colorado. When they cost $35 I am going to recycle guides whenever I can! :- )


No comments:

Post a Comment