Friday, December 16, 2011

Rod of the month cont.

Just as a reminder, when you purchase a rod from me you get a free t-shirt! Right now my wait is around 11 months. 

The ferrules on a rod have many different variations. They give the builder an opportunity to really get creative. I have seen some rods with engraving that must have taken a month to do. However, I don't go that direction. I like my ferrules and wraps to have flowing lines. That means there will only be two colors and usually with tips and mid wrap on the female side.

One of my reasons for trying to keep the lines clean on my rods is I think it keeps the bamboo more natural. I personally like to see as much bamboo as possible. I don't want my eye drawn to distractions in the rod. Another reason I try to keep my rods simple is because I don't want to charge a lot for a rod. Before I started building I owned numerous pricey rods. They were great rods, but I never felt comfortable with using them, they weren't me. So I hope to always keep my prices right around what a nice graphite would cost. On the flip side of that I don't produce many rods. I have a job that I enjoy and this is a hobby. This year I will have sold 10 rods. I hope this helps my rods keep their value as well.

Here shortly I will have several demos for sale. If you know anyone just getting into bamboo rods or someone that wants a cheaper rod for backup I will have several for sale. These were rods I made up with bamboo that water marks or visual imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment