Thursday, July 3, 2014

Just Returned

I just returned from a Month fishing the Henry's Fork area. I have a lot of stories and pictures to share. I will be describing them all on here over the next few weeks.

The couple of pics I am showing here are of myself fishing my 8'1" 4 weight. This is quickly becoming my go to rod, at least this rod was until I sold it to another fisherman. I plan on making a large lot of these rods this fall. I have posted this picture of me with a 21" rainbow near the Pinehaven subdivision. This area lies right below the Harriman ranch and holds some big fish. I caught two fish over 20" that afternoon and the rod did superb. One thing I want you to notice is the even bend throughout the rod. In some rods there will be one area that breaks down more than another. The bend in this taper is even through out.

I still have a couple of 8'3" 4 weight quads that are available to sell. These are hollow built rods that weigh right around 3.10 oz. That is very light for a rod that length.





No comments:

Post a Comment